Monday, September 10, 2012

Meh....

I guess I'm just feeling a little blah today.  Randi and I started this weight loss challenge two weeks ago, and had our second weigh in today.  Both of us gained weight since our last weigh in, and I know why I have.  I haven't been very good about sticking to eating smarter.  In fact, neither of us have been doing any sort of calorie tracking since the start of this thing which could really be sabotaging our progress. 

Perhaps both of us need to start doing that from now on just to hold ourselves more accountable.  Other than that, I think I'm just feeling a little burned out by our financial situation and everything else that has been weighing on my mind lately.  There are just so many things that I want to change, but I need to stop being so lazy about getting them done.  I need to change my career, but not settle for a job that I will end up hating just as much as this one in the long run.  I need to stop relying on instant gratification and teach myself that long term goals can be more satisfying than buying a million things I don't need right now.  I need to stop relying on video games to escape from the problems in my life.

I know I can do these things, but it will take a lot more self control than this.  There is no ideal, and it is foolish to compare my life with those of my friends who may be more successful than I am, but it would be nice to find some sort of creative outlet to focus my efforts on other than video games.  I don't want to beat myself up too much though, so perhaps it would be better to stop right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.