Thursday, June 14, 2012

Entry 4

My spirits aren't the greatest today. I didn't get off to the best start this morning, and I haven't been doing anything to stick to this weight loss thing over the past week.  I started off the week well enough last week, but as usual temptation has won out on several occasions.  I admit that I have been feeling depressed lately, and the state of my life has been causing a lot of distress for me in recent months.  I have started to withdraw from the world again as I have in the past, but what is there to do about it?  Therapy was helpful in the past, but that was more or less to deal with anxiety about the stresses of every day life.  This feels different somehow.

It seems difficult to find joy in anything at this point. I'm not having any dark thoughts or anything, but nothing seems to end up as a positive lately.  My work performance has been poor, and I find it difficult to concentrate on tasks.  Even the act of writing in this journal is proving difficult at the moment.  There are all these thoughts and ideas running through my mind that seem ready to burst out of me, but it is difficult to express them naturally.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.