The other day was a little rough, but I'm trying for more positivity from here on if I can help it. I realize that many of my issues are self made, and that dwelling on the negative aspects of my life is counter productive. I have tried to make changes before with little success, but I consider this to be rock bottom. I can only go up from here. The first thing we need to do is stop wasting so much money every month on unnecessary luxuries. As much as I love my iPhone, I don't need to be connected to everything all of the time. I really should switch back to my regular phone and forgo the $30 data charges.
I'm sure I won't be able to get Randi on board with that particular change, but she can keep her phone for now. Actually, I don't know if I will either, but I will think about it some more. The expenses I am more worried about stem from our random spending throughout the month on food and other random things. I have tried to get us squared away on this before, but we both tend to slip back into frivolous spending habits. The very same thing could be linked to my weight gain along with general laziness.
At any rate, I am working toward saving more money every month. At bare minimum, I want to put away $100 in savings, but I would like to try to save $300. And that money would be untouchable unless there is an emergency. I know that things will be easier when we pay the cars off next year, but I can't keep falling back on that as an excuse to avoid saving now. I need to focus on my discipline and self control in all aspects of life or I won't be able to stick to anything.
I could always start going to the library for books or movies instead of buying or renting things on the electronics at home, and it would give me a good reason to get out of the house as well. I need to stop avoiding things that make me feel uncomfortable all of the time. I know that I can't force myself to become an entirely different person, but I can at least challenge myself to break my bad habits. I will never be the kind of person that can sacrifice everything to make changes, but some sacrifices need to be made if we are going to get ahead of life.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.